2013-08-07

A Greek book suggestion - Vassilis Alexakis

I was planning on writing a restaurant presentation today. I liked the concept of the restaurant (and still do), I liked the food (both times we've been to this place), I liked the waitresses' behavior. Yet, somehow the place managed to convey a kind of disrespect for clients; in several ways... I won't get into details; maybe I'll give it another shot in the near future.

For the moment, I think it's a better idea to provide a suggestion on a Greek book and a Greek author. Perhaps as an idea for some summer reading. Take a look at "Foreign Words"; the first (and so far the only) novel of acclaimed Greek-French author Vassilis Alexakis to be translated into English.

You may read the reviews and buy it from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. If you're a French-speaker there's a good chance you're already familiar with the work of Alexakis, but if not, I highly suggest checking him out.


Why don't you follow me on twitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you leave your messages / comments. Any and all feedback is most welcome and appreciated!